FOOD PHOTOGRAPHY + YOGA RETREAT
31 July – 4 August
Join Rakhee & Aimee, for a 5 day (4 nights) workshop in Kumarakom, Kerala, INDIA.
Kumarakom is famous for its backwaters, and is set in the backdrop of the Vembanad Lake, the largest lake in the state of Kerala.
We will be staying at one of the best resorts in Kumarakom. We will be staying in villas that are a perfect blend of Kerala’s traditional architectural charm juxtaposed with modern facilities. Kerala is famous for its simple eco living where almost everything is derived and taken from nature. Come to enjoy this peaceful organic setting with walking paths all around and the famous Kerala backwaters as a serene backdrop.
In this perfect setting learn the tips and tricks in basic Food Photography and Styling but also rejuvenate the body and mind with yoga. Every morning before the day begins we will indulge in yoga. After regenerating our bodies we will be recharged to learn and discover.
- Workshop will cover: basic camera settings such as shutter speed, aperture, and ISO and their effects on the image. Lenses and their focal lengths, manipulation of natural lighting, food styling and plating, and post production in Adobe Lightroom.
The nearest major airport is Kochi International Airport (COK). Airport transfer included
- A DLSR, or smart phone camera is required. (no point and shoot)
- All accommodation, meals, yoga, cruise, walks are included in the workshop cost.
- Price listed is per person.
- Space limited to 8 attendees.
- Monday July 31st: Check in and welcome dinner cooked by Rakhee and Aimee at 7:30 pm.
- Tuesday August 1st: Yoga, photography lessons, hands on shooting & styling, nature walk.
- Wednesday August 2nd: Yoga, styling lessons, hands on shooting & styling, social media and creative writing, cruise on the backwaters.
- Thursday August 3rd : Yoga, Adobe Lightroom demonstration, tips and tricks, human element photography with cooking demo, picnic.
- Friday August 4th: Farewell breakfast at 9 am, guests depart by noon.
Single bed (shared room) $2050
Queen bed (shared room) $2250
4 nights shared accommodation
A shared room on a beautiful and luxurious resort for the retreat period
Transport to and from the airport
All classes and demonstrations
Cruise on the backwaters
A wonderful goodie bag
A 50% deposit will be required on booking to hold your place, the balance will be payable latest by June 15.
Secure your spot today by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The deposit is non-refundable unless you can find another person to fill your spot.
* in order to provide optimal experience, the program may be subject to small or minor changes dependant on local partners.