FOOD PHOTOGRAPHY + YOGA RETREAT
31 July – 4 August
Kerala, India. We are staying in a 5-star resort, in villas, with meandering pools, free WiFi, room service etc. Accommodation is included, and you will be sharing the villa with one other person. The rooms are very luxurious. Some meals are cooked by us, others are provided on site and consist of the finest and freshest food this bountiful area has to offer.
A 5-day food photography workshop, where both Rakhee and Aimee will share their knowledge on technical skills, styling, social media, creative writing, and Adobe Lightroom. There will be classes we teach together, others will be taught separately and of course, there will also be an opportunity to talk 1-on-1 with us about your goals and ambitions concerning food photograpy, styling, blogging (+ editing) etc. Aside from the learning, we will also harvest, cook, gather, enjoy each other’s company and have an amazing time in this beautiful country.
Join Rakhee & Aimee, for a 5 day (4 nights) workshop in Kumarakom, Kerala, INDIA.
Kumarakom is famous for its backwaters, and is set in the backdrop of the Vembanad Lake, the largest lake in the state of Kerala.
We will be staying at one of the best resorts in Kumarakom. We will be staying in villas that are a perfect blend of Kerala’s traditional architectural charm juxtaposed with modern facilities. Kerala is famous for its simple eco living where almost everything is derived and taken from nature. Come to enjoy this peaceful organic setting with walking paths all around and the famous Kerala backwaters as a serene backdrop.
In this perfect setting learn the tips and tricks in basic Food Photography and Styling but also rejuvenate the body and mind with yoga. Every morning before the day begins we will indulge in yoga. After regenerating our bodies we will be recharged to learn and discover.
Classes + activities:
Theory of photography – We will talk about the basic camera settings. By the end of the workshop you will know everything about ISO, aperture, shutter speed, composition, lenses, full frame vs. cropped frame, white balance and much more. On top of that, you will know how to use this knowledge to your advantage and become your camera’s best friend.
Styling practical – For this class we learn by doing. Rakhee and Aimee will show you how we go about styling and creating a food story. Both bloggers will demonstrate how to create moody settings which beautifully contrasts the bright colors of food. We will also show you how you could light pictures. All dependant on the style you choose. We will also show you how to purposely use props, and what negative space does with your photography.
Yoga – We will start our days learning about yoga and meditation. Learn to focus and find peace before a full day of photography begins.
How to use Adobe Lightroom – A sit down session where we talk about editing your photos and how to create a personal preset to give your images that consistent look and feel.
Talk about social media – In this session we talk about growing a community on Instagram and Pinterest, talk about developing a style, the use of hashtags, dealing with the algorithms, how to go about sponsored posts, collaborations, balancing creativity & business,
Welcome dinner – On the first day after a long trip, you will be offered a lovely dinner. Long tables, a home-cooked meal by Rakhee and Aimee, candle light, and good company!
- Workshop will cover: basic camera settings such as shutter speed, aperture, and ISO and their effects on the image. Lenses and their focal lengths, manipulation of natural lighting, food styling and plating, and post production in Adobe Lightroom.
The nearest major airport is Kochi International Airport (COK). Airport transfer included
- A DLSR, or smart phone camera is required. (no point and shoot)
- All accommodation, meals, yoga, cruise, walks are included in the workshop cost.
- Price listed is per person.
- Space limited to 8 attendees.
- Monday July 31st: Check in and welcome dinner cooked by Rakhee and Aimee at 7:30 pm.
- Tuesday August 1st: Yoga, photography lessons, hands on shooting & styling, nature walk.
- Wednesday August 2nd: Yoga, styling lessons, hands on shooting & styling, social media and creative writing, cruise on the backwaters.
- Thursday August 3rd : Yoga, Adobe Lightroom demonstration, tips and tricks, human element photography with cooking demo, picnic.
- Friday August 4th: Farewell breakfast at 9 am, guests depart by noon.
Single bed (shared room) $2050
Queen bed (shared room) $2250
4 nights shared accommodation
A shared room on a beautiful and luxurious resort for the retreat period
Transport to and from the airport
All classes and demonstrations
Cruise on the backwaters
A wonderful goodie bag
A 50% deposit will be required on booking to hold your place, the balance will be payable latest by June 15.
Secure your spot today by sending an email to email@example.com.
The deposit is non-refundable unless you can find another person to fill your spot.
* in order to provide optimal experience, the program may be subject to small or minor changes dependant on local partners.